Recreational Vehicles
 Boats, jet skis, ATVs and recreational vehicles are exciting modes of transportation. They provide a great means of escape on weekends and vacations, but ownership of these vehicles creates the need for special insurance to protect you, your passengers and others.

While all recreational vehicles can be protected by the same basic coverages, each one has its own special requirements and restrictions.

At a minimum, boats, jet skis, ATVs and recreational vehicles need "liability" and "comprehensive" insurance coverage. Liability protects you if your vehicle injures someone or damages someone else's property, and comprehensive insurance protects your property in case of vandalism, damage or destruction caused by theft or fire. Depending on the age and value of your investment, you may want to purchase collision insurance, which provides coverage for damage you cause to your own property.

For a premium quote, please call Beverly Derryberry at 931-684-3323 or email: [email protected].
The premiums you pay for your boat insurance will depend on many factors including the boat's value and the value of your boating equipment, the engine's horsepower and whether it's in-board or out-board, and the length of the boat.

You may purchase additional coverages for such things as your boat trailer, medical payments, personal effects and liability to protect you from an uninsured boater.
Jet Skis
The price of insuring a jet ski varies depending on its engine power and value. Your insurance costs will typically be higher for a jet ski with more than 500 cc. You also may obtain insurance to protect your trailer or to pay you for medical payments if you're in an accident.
Recreational Vehicles
You may want to purchase an automobile policy to cover this type of vehicle. This policy will provide you with liability, medical payments and physical damage coverage for your motor-home and can be endorsed to include coverage for rental to others. Talk to your agent about purchasing other coverages such as stated amount coverage for your motor-home or loss of use while you are on vacation in your motor-home.
© 2007 All Rights Reserved H. B. COWAN & COMPANY
710 North Brittain St. * Shelbyville, TN 37162
Phone 931-684-3323 * Fax 931-684-0907