Your vehicle can be a fairly costly investment – one that is exposed to many potential losses that are out of your control. We’ll make sure you have the protection you need at a price you can afford.
A car or truck is often your biggest asset aside from your home. Auto insurance protects against potentially crippling financial losses and the sheer inconvenience of being without transportation.
Remember, not all car insurance is created equal. Some auto insurance policies simply meet the legal requirements.
Other auto insurance policies go further and protect your car or truck if it is stolen, damaged or destroyed by fire, or damaged in a car accident that doesn’t involve any other vehicles. You can also get policies that protect your car if it is damaged by an uninsured driver.
Talk with us and ensure you have the proper car insurance coverage in place with the right insurance company. Otherwise, you’re putting yourself, your family and others at risk.
We've got you covered !
You are also required to be financially responsible by state laws, which are best satisfied through your insurance coverage.
For a free quote, contact one of our specialists below.
Understanding Auto Insurance
Auto insurance is divided into several types of coverage:
- Auto Liability covers damage you cause to other people’s property and injuries to the people themselves.
- Collision covers damage to your own vehicle in an accident.
- Comprehensive (i.e., fire, theft and other non-collision damage) covers fire damage to your vehicle, break-ins, vandalism or theft, as well as natural disasters (earthquake, hail, hurricane, flood, etc.–unless the vehicle is overturned, then it is considered a collision).
- Medical Payments Insurance, usually in the range of $5,000 to $10,000, covers medical expenses for injuries. This “good-faith” coverage guarantees immediate medical payments for you, your passengers and other parties, regardless of who is at fault. It also covers you and members of your household in any accident involving an automobile, whether you are on foot, on a bicycle, in a friend’s car.
- Uninsured Motorist (UM) and underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage protects you if you are injured in an accident with others who themselves carry insufficient or no liability insurance.
- Extra Coverages include expenses for towing, labor, temporary replacement vehicles, etc. These are generally defined as add-ons or “endorsements” to your policy.
What steps can I take to reduce my automobile insurance rates?
Companies often discount their rates for good drivers and those who take safety and security precautions. Depending on the company you are insured with, you can often lower your rates from 5 to 35 percent.
Sometimes the investment you make in your vehicle is worth the discount, and sometimes it’s simply worth some peace of mind. For example, the purchase of anti-lock brakes merits a discount from nearly every company, but the discount probably will not pay for the brakes during the normal life of your vehicle.
Companies generally offer discounts for:
- Safety Features— Anti-lock brakes, air bags and passive restraint systems (i.e., automatic seat belts).
- Defensive Driving— Clean violation record, driver’s education courses for teenagers and defensive driving or accident prevention courses for adults.
- Security Systems— Alarms, electronic locks and disabling devices.
- Changing Driving Habits— Commuting by public transit, using a company vehicle for work-related travel and car-pooling.
- Buying Home Owners and Auto Policies from the Same Company—If you own a home and an automobile and you are insured by two different companies, check into the cost of carrying both policies by the same company. We can give you information about which company offer discounts.
You can also lower your insurance rates by requesting higher deductibles (the amount of money you pay before you make a claim). Increasing your deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage from $100 to $250, or even $500, will bring your rates down. Moreover, you may not need collision and comprehensive coverage if you drive an older car.
Ask one of our agents about which discounts are available to you.